About Dr. Grant
Michael Grant is a surgical oncologist who specializes in diseases of the
breast.† He is board certified in
general surgery with extensive, specialized training in breast surgery.
Education and Training
Dr. Grant received his
undergraduate degree from Texas A&M University and medical school training
and degree from the University of Texas Medical School at Houston. He then fulfilled five years of residency requirements in general surgery at Baylor University Medical Center in Dallas. Following his residency, he was chosen to spend an additional year of specialized training through the Seeger Fellowship in Surgical Oncology of the Breast at Baylor University
Medical Center, an opportunity afforded to only a select group of nationwide applicants.
Dr. Grant has been in
private practice at Baylor University Medical Center since 1993.
Work Extracurricular to
Dr. Grantís Practice
Grantís dedication to the field of breast diseases and breast cancer prevention
does not stop within the confines of his private practice.
currently participates in the following ongoing clinical trials:
* Principal Investigator for the National Surgical Adjuvant Breast Project (NSABP) clinical trials for Baylor University Medical Center (a nationwide cooperative research group conducting studies dedicated to finding treatment and reducing incidence of breast cancer). Under his leadership, Baylor has become one of the leading institutions in recruitment of participants for the STAR trial (Study of Tamoxifen And Raloxifene).
* Author of numerous articles for the Senior News Source on current trends in the treatment of breast cancer. Dr. Grant was given a regional American Cancer Society award for his article entitled "Magnetic Resonance Imaging of the Breast."
* Active member in the Texas Medical Association
* Active member of Society of Surgical Oncology
* Active member in the American Society of Breast Disease
* Active member in Dallas Society of General Surgeons
* Active member of the Baylor University Medical Center Breast Site overview committee
* Active member since its creation of Gilda's Club, Medical Resource Council
* Fellow with the American College of Surgeons (elected 1996)
* Gamma-Probe Guided Resection of the Sentinel Lymph Node in Breast Cancer (a prospective study in the most recent techniques of breast cancer staging)
* Registry Study on the Use of Estrogen Replacement Therapy in Women Who Have Had Breast Cancer
* Breast Fine Needle Aspiration of Women at High Risk for Breast Cancer
Dr. Grant donates time as a Participating Clinician with the Bridge Breast
Center, a clinic developed to assist persons who lack the financial capacity to
seek medical treatment through traditional sources.
Grant is also a sought-after speaker and is the author of many noted
publications in the field of diseases of the breast, breast cancer treatment,
and breast cancer prevention.
Dr. Grant, his wife and
two children live in Dallas. He is an active member of the Park Cities Baptist Church.
Dr. Grant is very honest
and forthright with his patients and believes in the importance of
communicating any and all information necessary for his patients to make good
medical decisions concerning their own personal diagnoses.
well respected in his field and has developed an outstanding working
relationship with his colleagues in the medical profession. As a result, his patients have direct access to top-quality medical and radiation oncologists, radiologists, plastic surgeons, and trained support counselors. Through his affiliation with the W.H. and Peggy Smith Baylor-Sammons Breast Center, all of the resources patients need to guide them through the diagnosis of breast cancer are just footsteps away.
You can click here to view an excerpt from the Dallas Morning News which gives testimony to the outstanding physician/patient relationship which you can expect from Dr. Grant.